Compassion. Connection. Community
What We Are About
We offer a broad range of preventative and treatment services focused on individuals or families who experience mental health or substance use concerns in their lives. Since 1965, our mission at Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation (Valley Cities) has been to build healthier communities and improve the quality of life for residents of King County. In 2019 we expanded into Pierce County partnering with Stephen A Cohen Military Family Clinic.
At Valley Cities, we believe deeply in the resiliency of the human spirit – that, with the right help, people can overcome the obstacles that face them. Our recovery-based service is focused on helping people of all ages live a satisfying, hopeful, and contributing life, even with challenges caused by mental illness. Our services are grounded in evidence-based practices that maximize each client’s potential for success. We are committed to improving lives, one person at a time. The essence of Valley Cities is treating each person as an individual with the right to equality, dignity, compassion, and respect.
Who We Are
Valley Cities is a 501(c)3 nonprofit who serves over 20,000 people each year through outpatient and inpatient mental health, and chemical dependency counseling and support services; as well as supported housing for homeless individuals and families, 24-hour crisis services, wraparound planning, peer support, services for veterans and military families, vocational programs, and family support services. We also provide outreach to schools, homes, primary care, clinics, hospitals, homeless, senior centers, and assisted living facilities. Our psychiatric assessment and medication services are available to persons enrolled in other Valley Cities programs. Our programs are designed to promote clients in their recovery towards optimal health and quality of life.
Our staff includes psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, nurses, master and bachelor level clinicians, social workers, certified peer specialists, and other mental health and chemical dependency professionals.
OUR CORE SERVICES & PROGRAMS
- Child & Family Services help build stronger communities by supporting kids of all ages and their families with services and supports that address emotional and behavioral challenges, trauma, and infant and early childhood mental health. Family Support Programs provide parenting classes, teen groups, after-school, and summer programs for children.
- Adult Services support individuals who are actively seeking wellness in their lives. Recovery is possible through an individual’s hard work and the right help. Valley Cities’ staff is there beside each person to assist them on their unique journey. Many of the programs offered in adult services have been developed by professionals in partnership with individuals who suffer from a mental illness. A sample of services provided are: educational groups, peer support, case management, therapy, benefits planning, employment assistance, harm reduction, and medication management. We also offer chemical dependency and co-occurring disorders treatment.
- Older Adult Services meet the behavioral health needs of senior citizens with outpatient programs for individuals, couples, families, or group counseling.
- Homeless Family Services include a range of health outreach services to families enduring homelessness in King County. We work effectively with medical providers, housing systems, and other social service providers on behalf of our clients. Mental health, substance abuse, health care access, and case management services are our specialty. In shelters, transitional housing programs, and a wide variety of other community locations, we provide services entirely on an outreach basis – which is determined by the needs of the family.
- Housing Services strengthen and support families’ recovery from homelessness by helping them access stable, affordable transitional and permanent housing. We work with government and community agencies to help individuals and families obtain safe, affordable housing and assist in addressing the problems that led to homelessness. Case managers work with Valley Cities clients to find the programs and services that best meet their needs.
- Active Military & Veterans Services support all branches of active military and veterans, and their families with outreach, education, and individualized needs-focused services. We provide culturally competent services, delivered for veterans by veterans, which link veterans and their families with supportive community services.
- Get Involved & Volunteer: Valley Cities offers a wide range of volunteer and internship opportunities. Volunteers assist with many crucial activities, from fundraising, to administrative support, and supporting clients in our six resource rooms. Volunteering with Valley Cities is an accessible and fun way to have a positive impact on your community.
For receipts or gift processing: Development@valleycities.org